1. Cut each lemon in half lengthwise. Microwave 2 lemons at a time on
high for 15 seconds. Squeeze the juice out of each lemon half and with
a spoon, remove the inside pulp and membrane. (Microwaving a lemon
helps release the juice and membrane so much easier)!
2. Place the lemon halves inside a large muffin pan to help hold them
secure for the addition of the hot jello mixture.
3. In a medium saucepan, add the pink lemonade and lemon juice and
heat under medium heat for 10 minutes. Do not allow the lemonade to
Remove from heat.
4. Optional: Add 1-2 drops of pink food color if you desire a darker,
richer pink hue. Stir well to incorporate.
5. Sprinkle the 2 packets of gelatin into the lemonade mixture and
whisk briskly until the gelatin is dissolved.
6. Pour the gelatin mixture into a large Pyrex measuring cup or bowl
and add the chilled lemon/citrus vodka. Stir well to distribute.
7. Pour the jello mixture into each lemon half, filling almost to the
top. I left about a half an inch space from the top of each lemon.
8. Chill overnight or for at least 4 hours.
9. Before serving, cut each lemon half into 3 slices.